Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: Gameday Music

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Inactive Member UTVols2's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 17th, 2006
    Posts
    5,601
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Gameday Music

    Was listening to some old music and got to thinking, what did everyone listen to before games on friday nights when they were in high school. What got you amped?

    I guess my Top 3 were in no particular order

    AC/DC - Back in Black



    Pantera - Walk



    Phil Collins - In the Air Tonight

    [IMG]http://www.gifsoup.com/view/926256/tennessee-vols-al-wilson-o.gif[/IMG]

  2. #2
    Inactive Member UTVols2's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 17th, 2006
    Posts
    5,601
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Gameday Music

    I got tired of reading crap about Union and if they should fire Turner after 8 games coaching and figured we needed to switch it up a little.
    [IMG]http://www.gifsoup.com/view/926256/tennessee-vols-al-wilson-o.gif[/IMG]

  3. #3
    Inactive Member starbuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 20th, 2004
    Posts
    5,852
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Gameday Music

    I can't really remember. don't think we really had stuff in the locker room. maybe a couple guys but that was way back. I do remember this being pretty huge at the time. bought the cassette and about wore the whole thing out.

    [IMG]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg[/IMG] [URL="http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg"] [/URL]

  4. #4
    Inactive Member starbuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 20th, 2004
    Posts
    5,852
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Gameday Music

    Oh, and I SO WANTED to have this song played during warm-up's before the Kelly game of my senior year but the coach wouldn't go for it.

    [IMG]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg[/IMG] [URL="http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg"] [/URL]

  5. #5
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Gameday Music

    Phil Collins In the Air Tonight is very underrated. I think years ago Marion used to turn the lights out and come out to it in basketball I heard. Thunderstruck was entrance music for us. A personal favorite for the opening:

    DIRE STRAITS - MONEY FOR NOTHING - YouTube

    The song itself wasnt for getting you amped, but I always liked the opening.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

  6. #6
    Inactive Member Unchained's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 6th, 2005
    Location
    Norton, Virginia, United States
    Posts
    7,249
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/signature.jpg[/IMG]
    Central Warriors. Respect the past,embrace the future

  7. #7
    Inactive Member Shoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 4th, 2002
    Posts
    1,620
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Gameday Music

    Quote Originally Posted by UTVols2 View Post
    Was listening to some old music and got to thinking, what did everyone listen to before games on friday nights when they were in high school. What got you amped?

    I guess my Top 3 were in no particular order

    AC/DC - Back in Black



    Pantera - Walk



    Phil Collins - In the Air Tonight

    Dang man that takes me back! Seems like I remember having to be quiet during "In The Air Tonight" or the older guys would curse us out.
    "Freedom is not free, it requires great sacrafice. The price is paid in blood."

  8. #8
    Inactive Member UTVols2's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 17th, 2006
    Posts
    5,601
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Gameday Music

    True story Shoe, true story.

    Do you remember when Rudy would eat a live goldfish before going out for warmups?
    [IMG]http://www.gifsoup.com/view/926256/tennessee-vols-al-wilson-o.gif[/IMG]

  9. #9
    Inactive Member Shoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 4th, 2002
    Posts
    1,620
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Gameday Music

    Quote Originally Posted by UTVols2 View Post
    True story Shoe, true story.

    Do you remember when Rudy would eat a live goldfish before going out for warmups?
    Ah the good old days!
    Yeah man I do! I remember he ate a worm once after practice.
    Hey man you remember riding the scrub bus and singing Hank Jr and Alabama after games lol.
    "Freedom is not free, it requires great sacrafice. The price is paid in blood."

  10. #10
    Inactive Member UTVols2's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 17th, 2006
    Posts
    5,601
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Gameday Music

    Quote Originally Posted by Shoe View Post
    Ah the good old days!
    Yeah man I do! I remember he ate a worm once after practice.
    Hey man you remember riding the scrub bus and singing Hank Jr and Alabama after games lol.
    good stuff
    [IMG]http://www.gifsoup.com/view/926256/tennessee-vols-al-wilson-o.gif[/IMG]

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •